Enhanced Protection Plan (EPP)
The Enhanced Protection Plan (EPP) offers customers warranty coverage for a period of up to 3 years from the date of purchase. Canada Computers & Electronics will provide a repair or replacement of the defective product being serviced.
Canada Computers & Electronics will provide a courtesy warranty service for customers starting from the products date of purchase until the manufacturer warranty expires. Canada Computers & Electronics Service Centre will take care of all subsequent costs and logistical requirements to return the defective products to the manufacturer for service. In order for Canada Computers & Electronics to obtain a Return Authorization Number from the manufacturer, the subscriber may require to provide any related personal information. For example, Name, Address, Contact Phone Number and Email address.
The original agreement showing the serial numbers of the products and any records of previous repairs must be presented for this Enhanced Protection Plan coverage. Canada Computers & Electronics stores are not responsible for keeping such records and cannot perform any tracing or retrieval of such agreement for customers.
What is covered by the Enhanced Protection Plan (EPP)
- Canada Computers & Electronics will cover the cost of all parts and labour necessary to restore the system to working condition.
- The original hardware and configuration of the system, when purchased with the warranty, is covered.
Limit of Liability:
The limit of our liability under the EPP shall be the depreciated value of the product at the time of your claim, excluding the cost of the EPP. Due to advances in technology, if we choose to replace the product, the selling price of the replacement product may be lower than the selling price of the original product.
EPP can be cancelled within 30 days of purchase and receive a full refund on EPP price. To receive a refund, you must present with the EPP document and all original receipts to one of Canada Computers & Electronics stores.
To Make a Claim:
Prior to making a claim, please visit one of Canada Computers & Electronics service centres with your product for inspection. If the product is found defective during the Enhanced Protection Plan coverage, we will either repair or replace your product with a new, remanufactured, refurbished or a product of like kind and quality that performs to the factory specifications of the original product. To make a claim, customer must present the EPP document and all original receipts to one of the Canada Computers & Electronics stores.
Enhanced Protection Plan (EPP) DOES NOT cover, and is not limited to the following:
- Accidental or intentional physical impact, misuse or abuse, spilled liquids and burn marks.
- Loss or damage resulting from external causes such as, but not limited to, negligence or accidents, spillage, defective or inadequate wiring, outages as a result of public utility company action or inaction, fire, flood, windstorm, hail, lightning, earthquake, theft, misuse or abuse or by connection to other products not endorsed for usage by the manufacturer.
- Fire, exposure to weather, natural disaster or battery leakage (batteries for laptops, netbooks, cameras, cell phones, cordless phones and any other disposable type of product).
- Improper use or failure of any electrical source (e.g. power surges).
- Damage to electronic files and software, including damage caused by repairs under EPP (it is your responsibility to backup all data residing on any product prior to delivery of the product to us, under EPP), consequential or incidental damages, including, without limitation, damages for loss of use.
- Damages caused by mishandling, tampering, modification, accident, impact, being dropped, chemical corrosion, shipping damage, sand and/or moisture damage.
- Damage of a cosmetic nature or the cost of lost or consumable parts (including, without limitation, drums, toners, ink cartridges, consumable print heads or LCD projector bulbs).
- Damage to any accessories or attachments not included with the basic product. (e.g. power adapters)
- Damage resulting from modifications to any product component.
- Loss or theft of product, software, data or accessories.
- Any software/data loss or corruption due to system malfunction prior to, or during repair.
- Cleaning and / or other maintenance services.
- On-site service.
- Restoration or recovery of CDs.
- Consumables such as Laptop/Netbook battery.
- Damages for loss of use.
- Backup data services.
- External accessories such as speakers, keyboard, touch pens, mouse, carrying bag, 3D glasses, remote controls, web cam or any external bundling items.
- Later upgrades or add-on components and defects caused by such components. Incompatibility issues of installing new hardware or software.
- Non hardware issues such as virus/spyware infections.
- Misuse, physical damages or has been serviced by unauthorized third party.
- Change of the original setup and hardware configurations of the system unless such modifications were performed by Canada Computers & Electronics technicians with such service records.
- Financial, personal, or any other losses incurred during system downtime prior to, during, or after repair and/or servicing.
- Any signs of tampering of the system, or the system had previously been opened.
- Product with removed or altered serial numbers.
- Normal wear and tear which includes, but is not limited to: hinges, back cover of LCD/LED screen, screen bezel and chassis, keyboard letters fading, and loose hardware or damage found at connections such as the DC jack, USB/internet connectors, and battery locking mechanisms.
- Dead pixels or stuck pixels on Monitors, Laptops screens, Tablets and TVs.
Terms & Conditions
- The Enhanced Protection Plan commences upon the date of product purchased.
- Canada Computers & Electronics will handle the warranty service between customer and the manufacturer during the manufacturer warranty period in obtaining a Return Authorization Number and providing all logistic requirements.
- If product is found to be defective, a repair or replacement of the defective unit will be carried out.
- Due to changes in technology, Canada Computers & Electronics reserves the right to replace a defective system, or its components, with similar or equivalent features, in new or refurbished condition.
- During the term of the Plan, if the covered product is repaired three times through Canada Computers & Electronics service centre, and the product then requires a fourth covered repair, as diagnosed by an authorized technician, Canada Computers & Electronics will replace a product of original specification or of similar features and functionality, though not necessarily of the same brand, or of issuing a store credit for the current replacement value, not to exceed the original purchase price.
- If no defect is found or repairs are denied based on the terms and conditions of the Plan, the Plan owner will be responsible for all costs incurred.
- Customer must present the EPP document and all original receipts to one of the Canada Computers & Electronics stores.
- This contract is transferable. If ownership of the product being covered changes, this contract transfers to the new owner of the product.
- Customer must present the receipt for the product under Enhanced Protection Plan.
- EPP expires once a unit is replaced or a gift card is issued. The customer has the option to purchase a new EPP for the replacement unit.
EPP Products Eligibility
Enhanced Protection Plan covers the repair or replacement of defective products purchased from Canada Computers & Electronics, for which you have paid the EPP purchase price. Please see below table of products eligibility for EPP.
ENHANCED PROTECTION PLAN (EPP)
Products covered by EPP
Products NOT covered by EPP
- Desktop Systems (New or Refurbished)
- Laptops (New or Refurbished)
- Tablets (New or Refurbished)
- Home Theatre
- Pro Audio
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Cameras & Camcorders
- Headphones & Headsets
- Audio & Video Components
- Office Equipment
- All Consumables, such as batteries, printer print head, drum unit, belt and toners, disks and projectors bulbs
- All Software & Video Games
- All Final Sale & Clearance items
- Any External Bundle Items
- All products with less than 1 year original manufacturer warranty