A standard portrait-length prime, the LUMIX G 42.5mm f/1.7 ASPH. POWER O.I.S. from Panasonic is an 85mm-equivalent lens designed for the Micro Four Thirds system of mirrorless digital cameras. One aspherical element is incorporated within the optical design, which helps to control chromatic aberrations and distortions for enhanced clarity and accurate colors. The f/1.7 maximum aperture is particularly beneficial for selective focus imagery, and also aids shooting in low-light conditions. Further cementing its place as a versatile tool for portraiture, the rounded 7-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when making shallow depth of field photos and movies.
Complementing the optical attributes is a fast stepping AF motor and internal focus design, which provides smooth, quiet, and responsive focusing performance for intuitive handling. The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) also benefits hand-held use by compensating for the effect of camera shake for sharper imagery.
- Prime 42.5mm portrait-length lens provides an 85mm equivalent focal length with Micro Four Thirds cameras.
- Fast f/1.7 maximum aperture enables extensive control over focus position and also benefits working in difficult lighting conditions.
- One aspherical element helps to reduce chromatic aberrations for greater clarity and color accuracy.
- Stepping AF motor and internal focus design provides smooth and quiet focusing performance and functions at a 240 fps signal transfer rate for fast, responsive use.
- POWER O.I.S. minimizes the appearance of camera shake for sharper hand-held shooting.
- Rounded 7-blade diaphragm produces a smooth out-of-focus quality when working with selective focus and shallow depth of field techniques.
- All-metal lens barrel and bayonet mount offers durability and rigidity.