The stock listed above does not take into account variances in stock levels that may occur and any items on hold.
This product is currently out of stock. Order it today and normally we will ship it within 5-7 business days, but sometimes it might take longer.
User-friendly, affordable meter with advanced features and Optional Wireless Triggering triggering.
* Exposures accurate down to a tenth-of-a-stop for both ambient and electronic flash light readings (in full-stop mode). Meter can also display shutter-speeds and apertures in half or third-stop increments to mirror the exposure settings on your camera
* Sekonic RT-32 Radio Transmitter Module installs easily, enabling wireless, Selective Quad Triggering of PocketWizard-enabled electronic flash units up to 100ft away
* Swivel-mounted head (270-degrees) allows for uninterrupted visual contact with LCD screen from any reading angle
* Incident readings of three-dimensional subjects are taken using the Lumisphere fully extended, and retract the Lumisphere for selective, narrower-field readings for flat-field objects such as artwork. For reflected readings, a Lumigrid (included) replaces the Lumisphere.
* Dust-proof and splash-proof (JIS Standard Water Resistance Class 4). Weather-sealed against dust storms, nor'easters, and the occasional rogue wave
* At ISO 100, the EV measurement range is -2 to 22.9. Aperture ranges from f/1 to f/90.9 with a shutter-speed span of 60-seconds to 1/8000th-of-a-second (1-sec to 1/1000th for flash). For cinema applications frame-rates can be set from 2 to 360 frames-per-second. ISO range can be set from 3 to 8000 in third-stop increments
* Up to 9 readings can be stored in memory for meter averaging and contrast evaluations in Aperture and Shutter priority modes
* 1/4-inch tripod socket for mounting meter in subject area
* Includes Lumigrid (Reflected Light Attachment), Carry Case, Strap, synchro terminal cap, CR123A lithium battery
Since its introduction, Sekonic's L-358 Flash Master has become the best-selling digital flash meter in its class. Weather-sealed against the nastiest of working conditions, the L-358 delivers dead-nuts accurate flash and ambient light reading in both incident and reflected modes.
For mixed lighting scenarios, the L-358 displays the combined exposure values of both flash and ambient light sources, including the percentage of flash in total exposure in 10-percent increments. Dual ISO buttons allow for quick exposure factoring when working with two differing film speeds, film and Polaroids, or other situations where comparison readings are desired.
The head of the L-358 swivels 270-degrees allowing you to "walk the set" while maintaining constant visual contact with the LCD display. An indigo, backlit LCD screen with large text and icons allows for easy referencing under all lighting conditions.
Incident readings of three-dimensional subjects are taken using the Lumisphere, which can be retracted for selective, narrower-field readings such as contrast ratios for flash lighting. For reflective readings, simply replace the Lumisphere with the Lumigrid (included), which reads the center 54-degrees of the scene. For reflected spot metering, 1, 5, and 10-degree viewfinder spot attachments are available as optional accessories. Up to nine exposure readings can be stored and tagged on the LCD's analog scale. Electronic flash exposures can be taken wirelessly or with a PC cord. Plug in the optional Sekonic RT-32 Radio Transmitter Module and you can wirelessly trigger any PocketWizard-enabled flash system within a 100' range.
The Sekonic L-358 displays an f-stop range of f/1.0 to f/90.9, and a shutter speed range of 30-minutes to 1/8000th-of-a-second (1/1000th in Flash mode), both of which can be displayed in full, half, and third-stop intervals to mirror your camera's exposure display. When set to "full", the exposure is displayed in tenth-of-a-stop increments with repeat accuracy of +/- 0.1 EV.
For motion picture applications, the L-358 calculates cine readings from 2 to 360 frames-per-second. As with all Sekonic meters, the Sekonic L-358 Flash Master includes a 3-year warranty and the best customer support you're ever likely to find.
Digital exposure meter for ambient and flash light
Light receiving method:
Incident light and reflected light
Convertible to flat diffuser (Lumisphere in down position)
Light receiving angle 54' (Lumigrid)
Light receptor element:
2-Silicon photo diodes (incident and reflected)
Aperture priority metering
Shutter priority metering
With synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
Without synchro cord (cumulative and non-cumulative)
Measurement using the optional wireless flash radio triggering system (cumulative and non-cumulative)
Complex 16/24 bit digitally coded
Up to 100 feet from transmitter to receiver
1 to 16 channels standard, 17 to 32 "Quad Triggering"
USA & Canada (FCC & IC)
CH1-CH16 344.00MHz CH17-CH32 346.50~354.00MHz
CH1-CH16 433.62MHz CH17-CH32 434.22MHz
Incident light EV-2 to EV 22.9
Reflected light EV-2 to EV 22.9 (with 54' Lumigrid)
Optional Spot: 1o EV5 to EV 24.4, 5o & 10o EV2 to EV 24.4
Incident light f/1.0 to f/90.9 (approx. f/124)
Reflected light f/1.0 to f/90.9 (approx. f/124) (with 54A¢X Lumigrid)
Optional Spot: 1o f/8.0 to f/124, 5o & 10o f/2.8 to f/124
+/- 0.1 EV or less
Incident light metering: Lumisphere C = 340 Retracted Lumisphere C = 250
Reflected light metering: K = 12.5
ISO 3 to 8000 (in 1/3 steps)
Shutter Speeds :
Ambient light: 30 minutes to 1/8000 seconds (in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 stop) also 1/200, 1/400
Cine speeds- 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12, 16, 18, 24, 25, 30, 32, 36, 40, 48, 50, 60, 64, 72, 96, 120, 128, 150, 200, 240, 256, 300, 360 frames per second (at a 180 degree shutter angle)
Flash: 30 minutes to 1/1000 second (in 1, 1/2 or 1/3 stop) also 1/75, 1/80, 1/90, 1/100, 1/200, 1/400
f/1.0 to f/90.9 (in 1/10, 1/2 or 1/3 stop)
EV -9.9 to EV 40.1 (in 1/10 stop)
Aperture: f/1.0 to f/90 (in 1/2 stop)
Shutter speed: 2s to 4k (1/4000) (in 1/2 stop)
JIS standard water resistance class 4, splash-proof type
Memory clear recall function
Multiple Flash function:
Up to infinity flash readings (Only one digit is displayed when the cumulative number is ten or more.)
Up to 9 readings can be averaged
Brightness Difference function:
+/- 9.9 EV (in 1/10 stop)
Flash analyzing function:
0 to 100% in 10% in increments
Exposure Out of Range:
Eu (underexposure) or Eo (overexposure) indication