The powerful 8-bay, quad-core TS-831X includes two 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks at a budget price with maximized ROI. The TS-831X provides versatile all-in-one functionalities and unique features including VJBOD (Virtual JBOD), which introduces an economical way to utilize unused NAS storage space for expanding the storage capacity of other QNAP NAS, and Container Station, which allows you to rapidly develop and deploy Internet of Things (IoT) apps. The TS-831X is a cost-effective storage solution designed for growing businesses looking for backup, restoration, private cloud, storage for virtualization, and to future-proof their IT infrastructure for 10GbE networks.
Quad-core CPU, 8GB/16GB RAM and hardware-accelerated encryption
- 10GbE readiness, SSD cache, and hardware-accelerated encryption engine
- VJBOD allows using the TS-831X to expand the storage capacity of other QNAP NAS
- Enjoy containerized virtualization and IoT app development with Container Station
- Build a private cloud to centrally organize & manage files and backup tasks
- Secure access with VPN Server & VPN Client
- Quickly find files using a real-time, natural search with Qsirch
- Scalable design with 2 QNAP expansion enclosures UX-800P for total storage capacity of up to 24 drives
The TS-831X is equipped with a quad-core 1.4 GHz ARM® Cortex-A15 processor with 8GB/16GB DDR3 RAM (upgradable to 16GB), SATA 6Gb/s, two 10GbE SFP+ LAN ports as well as Gigabit LAN ports, and an PCIe expansion slot for an additional Network Interface Card (NIC). The TS-831X's hardware-accelerated encryption engine provides unmatched encryption performance in its class with AES 256-bit full NAS volume encryption, boosting system performance & security while ensuring the safety of sensitive business data stored in the TS-831X.
10GbE-ready with built-in 10GbE SFP+ ports
The TS-831X offers not only two inbuilt Gigabit Ethernet ports but also two 10GbE SFP+ ports to fully support 10GbE high-speed networks, capable of delivering lightning-fast throughput for businesses that demand higher bandwidth for virtualization and fast backup & restoration for an ever-growing amount of data. The extra PCIe slot allows for the installation of a third 10GbE port for flexible high-speed network deployment. Coupled with its large storage capacity potential, the 10GbE-ready TS-831X is perfect for companies to store massive amounts of data and excel in fast data transmission. SSD cache acceleration
The TS-831X supports SSD caching which can greatly boost IOPS performance of storage volumes to increase operational efficiency. It is perfect for improving the overall workflow of IOPS-demanding applications and allows the best of both cost and performance by combining SSDs with HDDs. VJBOD: use NAS to expand other NAS capacity for maximizing sharing economy
Besides using physical storage expansion enclosures, there is an additional option to expand NAS storage capacity. QNAP VJBOD (Virtual JBOD) is network-based JBOD, allowing you to expand the storage of a QNAP NAS with multiple QNAP NAS units. The TS-831X offers a high potential capacity for you to economically expand other QNAP NAS storage with VJBOD, and to create virtual storage pools and volumes on the virtual disks for operating NAS services.
- Manufacturer: QNAP Systems
- Manufacturer Part Number: TS-831X-8G-US
- Manufacturer Website Address: http://www.qnap.com
- Brand Name: QNAP
- Product Line: Turbo NAS
- Product Model: TS-831X
- Product Name: Cost-effective Quad-core Business NAS with Integrated Dual 10GbE SFP+ Ports
- Product Type: SAN/NAS Server
The stock listed above does not take into account variances in stock levels that may occur and any items on hold.